Hi guys! My name is Lucy Manley and I’m Greenville360’s newest intern! I was born and raised here in Greenville, and I hope to live here again after college.
First, the boring stuff (think of this as the awkward first date.) I am 17 years old and I attend NEXT High School and Greenville Technical College. I have five younger brothers, three of which are human and two of which are dogs, but all of which I love equally. I play soccer for Wade Hampton High School, and I plan on being an English major in college with a minor in Psychology. Most importantly, I love this city, and I am so excited about the opportunity that I have here at 360 to explore everything Greenville has to offer!
Before we get started, I know you’re wondering… what is Lucy really like? Well, I’m glad you asked, and after binge watching Vogue Magazine’s 73 Questions celebrity interviews, I feel that there is only one way to go about this. So to keep it short, here’s 7.3 things you need to know about me. (Cue the confessional music.)
2. I can do a mean Jar Jar Binks impression.
3. My favorite place in Greenville right now is M. Judson (I mean gluten freecupcakes and books? C’mon, that’s heaven.)
4. I love taking creative license with parentheses. (I’m sure you’ve noticed.)
5. I cannot snap. When I tell people this fact, they usually proceed to attempt to teach me to snap, because surely once they teach me their unique formula I can grasp this simple concept, right? These people are quickly disappointed.
6. My real name is Maria Luisa, but people call me Lucy for short.
7. I am saving up my money for an iPhone-compatible mini karaoke microphone that I saw at Target last week, because I think that is fabulous and the inventor of such joy deserves to do well in life. (Also college… I’m saving for that too I guess.)
7.3. My family is my inspiration, the reason I am who I am, and quite frankly the coolest group of people I’ve ever met.
Want to know more? I’d love to answer your questions! Ask in the comment section below or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for reading!