Real Estate Q1 Update with RE/MAX Reach
It’s been a wild 12 months in the Upstate, and the housing market has been along for the ride! During the Q1 of 2021, sales and prices are up, and days on market are creeping downward. Historically, spring is a popular listing time; lawns are green, flowers are blooming, things just look a little nicer in pictures in the spring. Here are some highlights from for Q1.
- Overall number of transactions is up 12.5% from last year.
- 12 month Median sales price has risen 8.7% to $238,000, and is on the rise month after month.
- Average days on market is down to 43 days (that’s a 23 day decrease from this time last year)
- Total volume sold is up 30% Q1 2021 compared to Q1 2020.
- Inventory is at Historic Lows.
To summarize, houses are selling, people are buying (in less time) and home values are on the rise. It is a competitive arena for buyers right now. Multiple offer bidding is the norm because of the low inventory and high demand. As competitive as it is, the guidance of a professional is more crucial now than ever on both the purchasing and selling sides. If you would like the help of a professional, know that we are just an email or phone call away. Feel free to book a time to meet with us and we can discuss listing or buying a home this year! RE/MAX REACH: email@example.com or call at (864) 250-4440.